RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call, which works on the basis of a client-server communication model. To communicate through the client-server model, both client and server need a different machine. An RPC server can use to set up a communication channel between another method on a single machine. But the Avast RPC error generally indicates that your Windows system has a communication problem between two or more devices through the network that you are using. Basically, this error comes up displaying an error message ‘The RPC Server is Unavailable.’
However, if you are also encountering the same problem on your Windows 10 device, you need exceptional guidance which will help you to resolve the issue. Most of the Windows users are able to fix the error with one of the following methods. Hence, you need to implement all the method and find which one works for you. So go through the entire article and get rid of the error instantly.
Significant Causes of Avast RPC Error in Windows 10:
Generally, Avast RPC Error in Windows 10 occurs due to network connectivity issues. Because RPC depends on the network connection that is responsible for it’s functioning. But a slow network connection can lead you to this annoying problem. On the other hand, a third-party firewall also responsible for the RPC service error. In some cases, even the third-party application is corrupted due to a server malware attack and as a result, you will get the RPC server error.
But, whatever the reasons you need to fix the problem as soon as possible. Follow the below section in order to resolve the issue. Hence, keep reading the post.
Quick Steps to Follow to Eliminate RPC Error in Avast
The methods discussed below are applicable to get rid of this frustrating error. So, if you are getting the error, implement the methods mentioned in the section below to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Ensure RPC Services are Running Properly
Improper function of RPC services can responsible for the error message ‘The RPC server is unavailable’. Hence, in order to get rid of this error, you need to check whether it running properly or not. Follow the below section, to perform the action.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key +R together.
- In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter button.
- A service window will open. Move down the page and find out the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call(RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper option. Ensure that the status of those items is running. The startup is set as an Automatic.
- If not, then you need to change the Registry settings. You will discuss the steps in the below section.
Method 2: Check Registry Settings
If the RPC server is not running properly, then you need to change the registry settings. To change the registry settings. Follow the below steps as instructed:
- At first, login in the Operating System as an Administrator.
- After that, press Win key + R, to open the Run box. In the Run box type regedit and hit the Enter button.
- After the Registry editor is opened, head to the option HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcSs.
- Next, you can update the Start registry key in RpcSs path as well. Double-click on the Start option and set its value.
- Next, select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DcomLaunch option. Verify whether any item is missing there or not. By any chance, if you noticed any error in the DCOM Server Process Launcher, then you have to place double-click on the Start registry key option and update its value as well.
- In the next step, proceed to the option and select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper. Then placed the value of it’s from the Start registry key.
Method 3: Check Your Network Settings
As we mentioned earlier that the problem can arise due to slow internet connection or maybe the network connection not set properly. To examine your network connection, go through the steps given below:
Firstly, to launch the Properties option, press Win key + R simultaneously. Then in the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and hit the Enter button.
Select the network connection that you are using and right-click on it.
Next, you have to make sure that the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IPv6 are turned on.
At last, check the error gets resolved.
You can able to resolve Avast RPC server Error quite easily with the help of the above solutions. Furthermore, if you failed to fix the error even after performing the above fixes, you should post queries in the below section or you can take an expert help to get rid of this issue.