Avast antivirus comes with a lot of exceptional features. But like another antivirus, it is not glitchless. Several Avast users are regularly facing the Avast Error 1920. This error interrupts the Operating System from working properly.
This Avast scan error 1920 normally occurs when there is an installation error. If you are encountering this error for the first time, then it is quite a difficult task for you to resolve it without any help. In this article, we are going to discuss the fixes of this error notification. Hence, you need to go through the below discussion. Let’s start.
Symptoms Of Avast Error 1920
An error message can seem anytime while uninstalling, installing, downloading, etc. of Avast antivirus. Avast scan error 1920 appears with the symptoms given below.
- The current program window crashes and error 1920 appears.
- Your system constantly strikes with the repeating error 1920 notification when you try to run the corresponding program.
- The Windows starts to respond slowly to any operation and works sluggishly or reboots on its own.
- The system usually freezes at cyclic intervals.
Causes of Avast Error the File Cannot be Accessed by the System (1920)
This type of error mainly happens while activating or installing any new software. There are several causes of this error code like incomplete or improper installation, missing files, corrupted downloads, and so many more. Once you recognize the reasons for the error message, it becomes easy to resolve. So, let’s see the reason of this error.
- Incomplete or improper installation or any corrupt downloading of the Avast antivirus might be the reason behind this error code.
- Recent uninstallation or installation of the Avast antivirus related files or programs might have damaged the Registry Files of the Windows.
- The system files of the Windows or the Avast antivirus related program files have been affected by the infection of the malware or virus.
- Avoiding the Avast antivirus program-related data as these might have been removed by another application.
Amazing Tips and Tricks to Resolve Avast Error 1920
Whatever the reason behind this error notification, you need to fix them to run the system properly. Hence, follow the below steps to fix the error.
Step 1: Repair the Registries Associated with Error Code 1920
Manually updating the Windows Registry Files can fix the Avast error 1920. Registry Editor inaccurately can corrupt the Operating System of the computer and can block it from booting. To begin the fix, build a backup by transporting a part of the Registry by following the steps mentioned below:
- Move the cursor to the Start menu and click on it.
- Click on the search box and type ‘command.’
- Hold the Ctrl and Shift key simultaneously from the keyboard and hit the Enter keyboard.
- Now, you have to type ‘regedit’ in the newly opened window and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Choose the key related to the error 1920 which you need to back up by going to the Registry Editor.
- Choose the ‘Export’ option by going to the ‘File’ menu.
- Go to the ‘Save In’ list. Choose your desired location where you desire to store the backup key for the Avast antivirus.
- After that, enter the name of the back-up file in the ‘Filename’ box like ‘Avast antivirus Backup.’
- Confirm that you choose the ‘Selected branch’ option from the ‘Export Range’ menu.
- Hit on the ‘Save’ option and the file would be stored with the ‘.reg’ extension file.
- Hence, you have built the back-up file of the Avast antivirus associated with the Registry Entry.
Step 2: ‘Undo’ the Recent Changes of the System by Using Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore enables you to ‘go back in time’ with the system to resolve the Avast error 1920 issue. This procedure can restore your Computer along with the files back to the time when these were running fine. This method can possibly assist you to ignore times of troubleshooting difficulties affiliated with this error notification. In addition, it will not delete your pictures, documents, or any other information.
To perform the System Restore, you need to follow the steps given below (Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP):
- At first, move the cursor at the bottom-left corner of the screen and hit on the Start button.
- There you will see the search bar. Now, you have to type the command ‘System Restore.’ Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run this command.
- Furthermore, when you see the next window, hit on the ‘System Restore’ option.
- Now, you have to enter the administrator password.
- Then, perform the steps from the Wizard to select the restore point.
- After that, you have to Restart the system to save the changes.
On The Whole
In the above article, we have discussed some of the easiest solutions for error 1920. We hope you will successfully perform the above steps and put an end to this bug.